This Months President’s Report: –
Hi fellow TTAG members,
Hope you are enjoying the weather we are having. It was a good turnout for our mid-winter. A big thanks to all that helped with the set-up and on Sunday morning packing up. Also those who cooked dinner and breakfast for us. It was also good to see some of the Bronze turned up to enjoy the evening with us.
We had a small turnout for our last club meeting the other weekend. It must have been the rain overnight that stopped everyone from coming out as the weather was a bit chilly but nice for the short ride.
As you would have seen we have set the dates for our rally, 24th-26th November.
Club News: –
Our club will be holding a remembrance poker run, for Gloria Joyce – ” Camp Mother “, an original member of our club who passed away last year. Mark your calendar, this will held on Saturday the 9th of September. Meet at the Empire Hotel 11.30 a.m. The ride leaves from there at 12.00 a.m, Arriving back at the Empire later that afternoon where hot food will be on offer.
Just to let you know Ant’s will be racing at Level Raceway tomorrow. Racing starts mid morning and he would be pleased to see any club members there to support him. Ant’s really appreciates the clubs support and backing, without you he wouldn’t be racing.
Tash has produced our 2017 Rally flyer and you can see it on our TTAG website and on our facebook site.
Our monthly ride will be held on the 23rd of July, leaving from the Empire Hotel !2.00 a.m. Destination, ” The Hinds Tavern “ and I dare say we won’t be going straight up the main road, for all you’s who have got your Rego on hold over the Winter.
Items For SALE: –
- 2 piece Leathers, jacket and pants, size XL – $400. Belong to an ex-racer so item have a couple of minor scuffs.
– Contact Ant’s if interested – 0274394660
This Months Joke’s: –
- After a night of drink, drugs and wild sex, John woke up to find himself next to a really ugly woman. That’s when he realized he had made it home safely.
- A teenage boy asks his Granny: – “Have you seen my pills? They were labelled LSD?”, Granny replies: – “The hell with the pills, did you see the dragons in the kitchen?”.
- Wife gets naked and asks hubby, “What turns you on more, my pretty face or my sexy body?”, Hubby looks her up and down and replies: – “Your sense of humor!”.
- A chap’s wife is back on the warpath again. She was up for making a sex movie last night, and all he did was suggest they should hold auditions for her part.
- I’ve accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next crap could spell disaster.
- I woke up this morning at 9:30, and could sense something was wrong. I got downstairs and found the wife face-down on the kitchen floor, not breathing! I panicked. I didn’t know what to do. Then I remembered – McDonald’s serves breakfast all day.
- My missus packed my bags, and as I walked out the front door. She screamed: – “I wish you a slow and painful death, you bastard!” I replied: – “Oh, so now you want me to stay???”
This Months Photo: –
Those who attended our mid winter party will have seen our new club trailer, but for those who haven’t please see the photo below . . . . .
” TTAG – New Club Trailer “
TTAG Mid-Winter BBQ Thank-you Letter from Bronze: –
After a busy Saturday organizing my Mothers 95th birthday at Margret Wilson, I sneaked away and after changing into warmer clothes was picked up by Julia Harper in her little yellow car. Julia not only took us all there but she was also our sober driver, so a big thanks Julia you are a treasurer. We then picked up Rob and Morris and proceeded to the Winchester Domain. I kept asking were we meant to bring food or drinks but was told it was all provided.
The occasion was the Mid-Winter get together with TTAG and BRONZ – Timaru organized by TTAG. After finding the right gate to enter said domain we were greeted by a roaring drum fire.
We were soon welcomed into the group and I recognized a few faces from the Coal Miners Rally in Kaitangita earlier this year also spotted Carol & co who had come earlier. I soon had my hand wrapped around a cold can of Bourbon and Coke of which I consumed a few of as the night progressed.
The TTAG crew are a really friendly bunch and people who were strangers were soon chatting to the BRONZ members as was I. Many topics were discussed round the warm fire and on seats provided for us older riders. As usual with groups such as ours, motorcycles being the main topic of conversation.
We were then called into the hall for supper and what a supper.
Pork with apple sauce, sausage casserole, mixed veg, crackling, gravy, mashed potatoes and Chinese styled dishes. I’ve probably forgotten some of the fare as there was so much on offer. Top marks to all those in the kitchen. Excellent effort.
I was entertained while eating my meal by Janet and Denise and also had the pleasure of meeting and chatting to Turtle who was able to fill me in on the Clubs history and of the building we were having our meal in.
Cake followed and I stayed in the hall talking to TTAG members till Morris informed me we were calling it a night and heading back to Timaru.
I would like to thank TTAG on behalf of BRONZ Timaru for a wonderful winter Solstice celebration and the warm welcome you extended to us.
Keep the shiny side up,